The Hagia Sophia is a major monument of Byzantine architecture. All the traditional churches of the Byzantine, Slavic, Orthodox worlds, built over the past 1400 years descend in some form or other from this original design and I think that’s very important to note. Some cool things I found that were created by the Hagia Sophia had to do with the architecture, wanting to be an interior designer I found that part super interesting. They created the Cross-in-Square and the Pendentive dome! The cross-in-square features a square centre with an internal structure shaped like a cross, topped by a dome which is still seen in modern day very, very often. A pendentive is a constructional device permitting the placing of a circular done over a square room or of an elliptical dome over a rectangular room. I found these aspects of the Hagia Sophias inventions very interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Flip book :D
flip book hyperlink Watch this adorable elephant have a very tough time fitting in the elevator...
-
My personal perspective of performance art is that it relates to things such as dance, music, opera, theatre and musical theatre, magic, ill...
-
After looking into Angel de Quinta's Stage Door blog, I gained some new insights about broadway performances. One performance that sto...
-
One of the biggest twenty first century technologies is the iPhone. The iPhone has evolved from many different forms, beginning with the f...
No comments:
Post a Comment